This white chocolate mousse with raspberries is both delicious and easy. The white chocolate mousse is sweet and light, the raspberries add just the right amount of acidity to create a balance of flavours. It requires no cooking or even chilling time when using a cold ingredients, so it can be whipped up in a flash as needed. It can also be made into a no-bake cheesecake if desired.
Why is it a faux white chocolate mousse you may ask? Well, I actually have no idea how to make a chocolate mousse and used every cheat in the book. Rather than using actual white chocolate, that would have to be melted and chilled whilst remaining liquid, I used a white chocolate spread that I bought. Fun story, I bought it in the Netherlands thinking it resembled a white hazelnut chocolate spread from Spain I really like called Nocillla (way better than Nutella if you ask me). As it turns out it tastes nothing like it, just overwhelmingly sweet white chocolate.
So in order to mellow out that sweetness I used the spread to flavour some mascarpone with a sprinkle of salt and vanilla extract. Then I just folded some whipped cream under the white chocolate mascarpone cream and layered it with raspberry sauce. It is super easy and delicious. For a additional crunch you could fold some chopped white chocolate under the cream or add a cookie crust bottom to make it a no bake cheesecake with some cream cheese, although I would recommend an additional chill in the fridge for a firmer set of the cream.
Faux White Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries
• 250 gr Mascarpone
• 2-3 tbl white chocolate spread
• 1-2 tbl milk
• 1 dash of salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 200 ml cream
• 1 tsp cornstarch (optional to stabilize the cream)
• Raspberry sauce
• Fresh raspberries
- Mix the mascarpone with the white chocolate spread, salt and vanilla extract until smooth in a bowl. Use a little milk to loosen the cream should it be too solid to incorporate everything smoothly.
- Whip the cream until lightly foamy, then add the cornstarch while whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Fold a third of the whipped cream under the mascarpone cream to loosen the mixture up, then proceed with the rest of the cream until fully incorporated.
- Begin layering the dessert by drizzling some raspberry sauce in the bottom, then add cream until the glass is three quarters of the way full. Put some fresh raspberries on top. Chill until it needs to be served.
Tip: The raspberries can be replaced with strawberries as well.
No Bake Individual White Chocolate Cheesecakes
When the cookie/biscuit is the same size as the bottom of the dessert glass or dessert ring then there is no need to make a cookie crust. Otherwise make a cookie crust out of melted butter and cookies in a food processor.
• 250 gr Cream cheese
• Digestive biscuits or Graham Crackers
• Melted butter
Make cream as in the recipe above and layer it in a dessert glass or dessert ring with a cookie or cookie crust and decorate with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce drizzle. Give it an additional chill in the fridge to set up for at least an hour.
Here you have an easy white chocolate mousse recipe that requires no cooking and can be made in a flash, given that you have all ingredients at home. The white chocolate spread can be replaced with melted and cooled white chocolate, although then you’d have to cook something. It can be made into a no-bake cheesecake very easily, which is great. One less recipe to have lying about. Given that it is almost Valentines Day, I guess it could make a nice dessert for that because berries and chocolate are romantic. At least that is what all the movies are telling us and they wouldn’t lie, right? I hope you enjoyed this recipe and have a wonderful day!